If you’ve been on social media this week you’ll have seen the pictures upon pictures of people marching for what they believe in, resisting the status quo, carrying on-point placards; sisters doing it for themselves and everyone else into the bargain. It’s exciting, it’s empowering and it’s hopeful. If you’re feeling the spirit of rebellion, here is a playlist of songs to help you fight the power as you go throughout your day!
1. Q.U.E.E.N. – Janelle Monáe ft Erykah Babu
2. Freedom – Beyoncé ft Kendrick Lamar
3. Stronger Than You – Estelle
4. Bad Reputation – Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
5. ***Flawless – Beyoncé ft Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
6. Rebel Girl – Bikini Kill
7. Good Girls – Elle King
8. She Wolf – Shakira
9. Born This Way – Lady Gaga
10. Proud – Tegan and Sara
What tracks are on your resistance playlist?
Words by Heidi Teague