This week the hugely anticipated Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them came out, giving us all the feels and making us fall in love with the wizarding world once again. As either a long time Harry Potter fan or a casual cinema go-er there will be something for everyone to enjoy about this film. Below see our reasons for loving the new film!
- We have a whole new film to find connections and theories for in connection to Harry Potter, millions of articles are currently in the pipeline hinting at everything that can be and will be linked up to the series which people loved so much. The new film, although set in a different time and country to that of Harry Potter, feels like a whole other story and one that we can’t wait to see the sequels of.
- The film is set in 1920’s New York and who doesn’t love the twenties? Whether it be Gatsby or a film about wizards, the mood of the twenties as well as the fashion and style is something that is always interesting to see represented in film.
- Eddie Redmayne – need I say more? His performance in The Theory of Everything, The Danish Girl and Les Miserables to name a few has made him one of the hottest actors to come out of the UK and he really makes the film come alive.
- With the first Harry Potter film having come out in 2001, it’s been almost 16 years and although that makes us feel old it also makes us nostalgic for our youth and a time when our parents coming home with the latest Harry Potter book was the most exciting thing in the world.
- Most of all we love that the new film gives us a new excuse to binge watch all the films and re-read all the books before heading to the nearest cinema to watch the film.
If you’ve seen Fantastic Beasts, let us know what your favourite part was.
Words: Gabriella Tavani
Tweet Gabriella @Gabbitavani